Re: [Xen-devel] About Gsoc 2014 - Xen Project

Please don't drop xen-devel and don't top-post.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:03:12PM +0800, haofeng hua wrote:
> Dear Mentor Liu:
> Thanks very much for your guidance.
> In China few students participate in GSoC. This time I would like to try
> for my first time. But I am alone and with little experience.

Don't worry. The information on Xen wiki should be good enough to get
you going. Read carefully GSoC 2014 page, it has some external links
that provide lots of materials get you started.

> In  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/GSoc_2014 page, I find many projects marked
> the difficulty level 'unknown'. Dose that mean these projects are more
> demanding? At least I have this feeling.

No, that means some information is missing. The best way to know about
the project is to write to "technical contact" for that project (and CC
xen-devel at the same time if necessary).

> Btw,May I ask the question that do you work in Citrix(China)? :-)

No. I'm not in China. Geolocation is rather irrelavent when you work for
open source project.

Wei.