Re: [Xen-devel] broken live migration in xen 4.3 (release)

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] broken live migration in xen 4.3
(release)"):
> On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 10:49 +0100, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> > IMHO I like hotplug messages to be printed on screen while using xl
> > create/destroy... But for migration it should be redirected to /dev/null
> > or some suitable logfile I guess.
>
> This could perhaps be gated on stdfoo passing isatty?

Surely there is no excuse for these scripts sending output to libxl's
caller's stdout.  stderr is another matter.

So I think libxl should redirect hotplug scripts's stdout to stderr.
If it had done this then Vasiliy would have seen the message on stderr
rather than it being mixed up with the migration stream.

Ian.