Re: [Xen-devel] One question to lowlevel/xl/xl.c and lowlevel/xc/xc.c

On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 09:18 +0800, Chen, Tiejun wrote:
> Actually my problem is that, I need to add a new parameter, 'flag', like
> this, xc_assign_device(xxx,xxx,flag). So if I don't refine xc.c, tools
> can't be compiled successfully. Or maybe you're suggesting I may isolate
> this file while building tools, right?

I answered this in my original reply:
         it is acceptable for the new
        parameter to not be plumbed up to the Python bindings until someone
        comes along with a requirement to use it from Python. IOW you can just
        pass whatever the nop value is for the new argument.

The "nop value" is whatever value should be passed to retain the current
behaviour.

Ian.