Re: [Xen-devel] ENC:[Xen-users] Failed to insert 'xen_evtchn': No such device

>make install will not enable sysv or systemd services. Distro packages
>are supposed to enable themselve. If that is not desired by distro
>maintainers the distro should provide ways to easily enable services.
>Ubuntu probably has code to enable the sysv "xencommons" script. Perhaps
>Ubuntu is not uptodate and lacks the knobs to enable all of the systemd
>.service files above.

Well, if it is not the default behavior to enable these services, at least these procedures should be detailed at the WEBPAGE of XEN Installation, so that someone installing the system might know that it is supposed to do that after compiling inside Ubuntu, you have to start these services by hand, or do you mean it is a BUG that should be opened inside the Ubuntu Launchpad?
All of those commands had to be run just once, and by themselves they fixed the problem... There was another service of xen not yet started, here is the output:

"
root@carlos:/# systemctl enable xen-watchdog.service
Synchronizing state for xen-watchdog.service with sysvinit using update-rc.d...
Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d xen-watchdog defaults
Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d xen-watchdog enable
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/xen-watchdog.service to /usr/local/lib/systemd/system/xen-watchdog.service.
"

Should I open a Bug Report inside Ubuntu?

--
Gustavo