Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: making the PVH 64bit ABI as stableo

On 06/05/2015 12:21 PM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
El 03/06/15 a les 14.08, Jan Beulich ha escrit:
On 03.06.15 at 12:02, <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2015, Andrew Cooper wrote:
With my x86 maintainer hat on, the following is an absolute minimum set
of prerequisite for PVH.

* 32bit support
Could you please explain why 32bit is important to get PVH out of tech
preview? I don't see 32 bit OSes as an important use case. Maybe there
is more behind it that I cannot see.
The primary reason was named before: 32-bit support will likely
end up changing the way 64-bit guests get launched.
I can work on the new boot ABI, even if it's just a design document now,
but the actual implementation needs to be done on top of the 32-bit
support series.

Boris, do you think you could send an early RFC of your 32-bit support
series in a couple of weeks at most?
Besides these, we still don't have any timelines for AMD support, and
nobody stepping up to fix any remaining /* TODO pvh fixme */ in the code
afterwards.

Most of "fixme"s should be taken care of as part of 32-bit and AMD support.

I will look at whatever is left (some of them IIRC are related to migration and it sounds like those don't *have* to be fixed right away).

-boris