Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 57852: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 09.06.15 at 10:26, <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 13:16 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
>
>> The adhoc run passed, but that's not statistically significant.
>
> I ran a bunch more in this no-apicv configuration, the logs are at
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/<NNNN>:
>
> Flight        Host    Failed at
> 58190 fiano0  ts-guest-stop
> 58198 fiano0  ts-guest-stop
> 58203 fiano0  ts-windows-install
> 58208 fiano0  ts-guest-stop
> 58210 fiano1  ts-guest-stop
> 58214 fiano1  ts-guest-stop
> 58217 fiano1  ts-guest-stop
>
> I think that's not sufficient data to draw a conclusion, since there was
> always a small background failure rate. I'm going to run another half
> dozen (3 on each).

At least the one failure is following the patterns of previous ones
(ping timing out and guest sitting with both of its vCPU-s on HLT,
and the last VM entry having delivered a timer interrupt). Without
knowing _when_ that last timer interrupt got injected and whether
other interrupts are occurring for the guest as necessary, that
again doesn't mean much.

> I'm also going to run some on another pair of hosts without no-apicv. I
> chose elbling[01] since according to
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history.test-amd64-amd64
> -xl-qemuu-win7-amd64.html it has been used a few times on various branches
> and hasn't so far failed a ts-windows-install. It looks to have the same set
> of advanced features as fiano*:

That's a good idea, thanks.

Jan