[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] [win-pv-devel] 2016 Xen Dev Summit Location (input needed before next Thu)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: win-pv-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:win-pv-devel-
> bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lars Kurth
> Sent: 05 November 2015 18:31
> To: Xen-devel; mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; xen-
> api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [win-pv-devel] 2016 Xen Dev Summit Location (input needed before
> next Thu)
> Hi all,
> I was just informed that it is not going to be possible to hold the Developer
> Summit alongside LinuxCon in Berlin, unless we make some hard choices. I
> had originally had booked the space and all looked fine when it was originally
> arranged several months ago. Seems that the LinuxCon organisers tripped
> over a German holiday and had not accounted for it. I would like to get your
> input before the next board meeting in 10 days, such that I have community
> input for the meeting and I can make a swift decision at the meeting.
> We have the following options
> * Hold it on Monday Oct 3 - to Tue Oct 4 : the problem is that Oct 3 is a 
> public
> holiday in Germany, which would affect German participants
> * Do a 1 day event only on Oct 4 : I don't think this is practicable
> * Hold the event alongside LinuxCon in Toronto in August, but then we'd
> have a Dev Summit in the US for 3 years in a row.

I think some Canadians might get offended at that! ;-)

s/US/North America

>  On the plus side, it will be
> Linux' 25th birthday
> Other options, such as holding the event on its own will be too expensive.
> Please let me know your opinions.

I think Toronto would be fine.


> Best Regards
> Lars
> > From: Angela Brown <angela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: Xen Summit 2016
> > Date: 5 November 2015 17:32:11 GMT
> > To: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
> >
> > Hi Lars,
> >
> > Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as we had to get a few things
> sorted.
> >
> > First the bad news. It turns out that Monday, October 3, 2016 is German
> Unity Day and we've decided it will not be a good idea to hold LinuxCon on
> this day. So we are moving LinuxCon/ContainerCon to Tuesday, Wednesday,
> Thursday of that week and ELC-E will be Thursday & Friday as scheduled. This
> means that we have absolutely no additional space on Thursday. In addition,
> the space we do have in terms of larger rooms on Tuesday and Wednesday is
> extremely limited. We went through all the space yesterday, and we don't
> have any extra rooms that fit over 50ppl available on Tuesday & Wednesday.
> Thus, holding Xen Summit overlapping in Berlin at the same venue isn't going
> to work.  The only real option for larger rooms in Berlin would be on Monday
> (but not on Tuesday, and again this is a holiday).
> >
> > We can co-locate in Toronto in August but only on the two days after
> LinuxCon/ContainerCon - Thursday and Friday (but we can do your board
> meetings on Wednesday). Please let me know if you want me to go ahead
> and put together a proposal for this or if you have something else in mind.
> >
> > Thanks and sorry!
> >
> > Angela
> _______________________________________________
> win-pv-devel mailing list
> win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://lists.xenproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/win-pv-devel

Xen-devel mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.