Re: [Xen-devel] Error booting Xen

>>> On 03.02.16 at 12:35, <write.harmandeep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Dario Faggioli
> <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hey Harmandeep,

>>> The WRMSR ones are of no concern. What I'm curious about are the
>>> five instances of
>>>
>>> (XEN) traps.c:3290: GPF (0000): ffff82d08019cb87 -> ffff82d080242e15
>>>
>>> Could you check what these addresses correspond to in source?
>>>
>> I guess you just happened to forgot to follow up on this question from
>> Jan?
>
> Sorry for responding so late.

Thanks for getting back.

> $ addr2line -e xen-syms ffff82d08019cb87
> xen/xen/arch/x86/traps.c:2820

That's the RDMSR one, so (luckily) not of interest here.

>>> So far you've said you don't start any, but
>>> the logs clearly show otherwise. Are there perhaps any that
>>> get auto-started? In which case I'd be interested in you
>>> confirming that these come up fine.
>>>

> Maybe I failed to shutdown a guest which was showing up
> on next boot. But there are no auto-starting guests.
> Following link goes to latest serial log
> http://paste2.org/5PDz9bP1 and then I created a guest with

But this _again_ shows the presence of a (running) Dom1, ...

> config (http://paste2.org/azvj25Hg) and
> http://paste2.org/cgKna0j1 log was presented at terminal.

... and you leave us guessing whether the first of these logs was
indeed captured before you started the guest (as one may imply
from your wording) or after (as one may imply from your claim of
there not being any auto-started guests). Please try to be more
precise in your statements.

Jan