Re: [Xen-devel] HVMlite ABI specification DRAFT B + implementation outline

On 02/10/2016 09:51 AM, Roger Pau Monné wrote:

The detection of local APIC and IO APICs is quite isolated from each
other, and the failure to find any IO APICs should not prevent local
APICs from being enabled. Although I don't think there's any hardware
with this setup, such configuration would be valid from an ACPI point of
view. I've of course not tested this in any way, so those are only
observations by a quick look at the code. I cannot speak about Linux.

I believe Linux should be able to handle this as well:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/x86/kernel/acpi/boot.c?id=refs/tags/v4.5-rc3#n1140

I also removed ioapic entries from hvmloader's ACPI builder and the (HVM) guest came up with no immediately visible issues.

-boris