Re: [Xen-devel] EXTRA_CFLAGS when compiling Xen

>>> I wouldn't want to needlessly insist, but of course a canonical way to
>>> do this would be preferred.
>>> I do see the %.i targets there in Rules.mk invoking the preprocessor,
>>> but I haven't yet figured how to make those execute.
>>>
>>> Could you detail what make args would activate execution of the %.i targets?
>> Makes me wonder how the rather detailed reply I've already given
>> (which also answers this question) hasn't been sufficient.
>
> I don't see why there's need for insults when one asks politely.

I'm sorry, but your reply gave the impression that you didn't read
mine, which I considered an attempt to be wasting my time.

> Of course, 'rather detailed' is always a rather subjective assessment.
> Wonder no more. The original response:
> * doesn't specify what additional make arguments/environment vars should
> be set if I'm to run make from ./xen/ rather then ./

Why would I mention env vars when there are none to set (at least
I don't need any that aren't set in my ./.config).

> * doesn't make it clear what you mean by "intended target". I suppose
> you weren't suggesting to manually run make for *each*
> source file I want to preprocess one by one, since I was asking how to
> do that for all sources ('make dist-xen'...)

"I want to inspect some code" didn't read like you needed to inspect
every translation unit; I'm sorry if this ended up being a mis-
interpretation. I don't think tree-wide saving of intermediate files
would work reliably, since iirc paths get dropped from file names
when determining the names of the intermediate files.

Jan