[Xen-devel] Xen default install - no cpufreq on dom0 ?

For a while now I've been installing Xen from source on my Debian box,
with a default configuration always. This is party why I've run into
compile issues before it seems, but I've also just picked up on
another possible issue. My system on dom0 overheats and shuts itself
off. For a while I didn't think this was Xen related and perhaps
related to the fact that I built this system myself. However, after
running Debian without Xen (rm -rf /boot/xen*; update-grub; reboot;
systemd-detect-virt yield none) it would seem this does not happen.
What's a bit concerning though is even if I run offlineimap in
singlethreaded mode (offlineimap -1) the machine overheats and shuts
itself off, so I don't necessarily need to be doing a lot of work. I
tried compiling the kernel without Xen while running offlineimap as
well with make -j 8 and it doesn't overheat, meanwhile on Xen dom0
just using offlineimap -1 seems to trigger a shutoff rather quickly.

The kernel has:

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y

I tried on /etc/default/grub

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_XEN_REPLACE="cpufreq=dom0-kernel"

But that didn't help. This is running 4.5.0-rc2 and the latest Xen I
was able to build (I try xen staging tree always).

  Luis