Re: [Xen-devel] Pygrub on ARM64

On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 13:20 +0530, Sanjeev Pandita wrote:

> Terminal 3: (manually running the pygrub command)
> [root@dhcp-194 xen]# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
> [root@dhcp-194 xen]# mkdir -p /var/run/xen/bootloader.2.d
> [root@dhcp-194 xen]# touch /var/run/xen/bootloader.2.out
> [root@dhcp-194 xen]# /usr/lib/xen/bin/pygrub --args="root=/dev/xvda4 rw
> console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen" --output=/var/run/xen/bootloader.2.out --
> output-format=simple0 --output-directory=/var/run/xen/bootloader.2.d
> /mnt/xen/CentOS-7-aarch64.img
>
> (nothing comes on console after this)

I don't remember ever seeing pygrub fail silently in this way.

I think at this point I would be trying a few different things, firstly
using strace(1) on the pygrub invocation to see if I could see where it was
blocked. I think you can drop all of the arguments except for the image,
e.g.

    pygrub /mnt/xen/CentOS-7-aarch64.img

leading to

    strace -o pygrub.strace pygrub /mnt/xen/CentOS-7-aarch64.img

(maybe add -fff if it looks to be using threads)

Secondly manually mounting CentOS-7-aarch64.img (e.g. "mount -o loop etc",
or maybe kpartx -a first if the image has a partition table) to check it
really is some sort of sensible/readable image.

Ian.