Re: [Xen-devel] Pygrub on ARM64

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 13:20 +0530, Sanjeev Pandita wrote:
> >
> > Terminal 3: (manually running the pygrub command)
> > [root@dhcp-194 xen]# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
> > [root@dhcp-194 xen]# mkdir -p /var/run/xen/bootloader.2.d
> > [root@dhcp-194 xen]# touch /var/run/xen/bootloader.2.out
> > [root@dhcp-194 xen]# /usr/lib/xen/bin/pygrub --args="root=/dev/xvda4 rw
> > console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen" --output=/var/run/xen/bootloader.2.out --
> > output-format=simple0 --output-directory=/var/run/xen/bootloader.2.d
> > /mnt/xen/CentOS-7-aarch64.img
> >
> > (nothing comes on console after this)
>
> I don't remember ever seeing pygrub fail silently in this way.
>
> I think at this point I would be trying a few different things, firstly
> using strace(1) on the pygrub invocation to see if I could see where it was
> blocked. I think you can drop all of the arguments except for the image,
> e.g.
>
>     pygrub /mnt/xen/CentOS-7-aarch64.img
>
> leading to
>
>     strace -o pygrub.strace pygrub /mnt/xen/CentOS-7-aarch64.img

Hi Ian,

I ran the plain command "trace -o pygrub.strace pygrub
/mnt/xen/CentOS-7-aarch64.img".

In the "pygrub_beforehang_ctrlc_kill9.zip"  file I have three files.
First strace file "pygrub.strace_before_CTRLC" is file at hang.
Second  strace file "pygrub.strace_after_CTRLC" is file after I press
CTRL+c. (pygrub does not exit after CTRL+C).
Third strace file "pygrub.strace_after_KILL-9" is file after I run kill -9 PID.

You can skip second and third files in the zip file as they do not
have much info except the below lines.

After CTRL+C
--- SIGINT {si_signo=SIGINT, si_code=SI_KERNEL, si_value={int=0,
ptr=0x7f00000000
0}} ---
rt_sigreturn()                          = 63404881008

After Kill-9 gets executed

+++ killed by SIGKILL +++

> (maybe add -fff if it looks to be using threads)

I have attached the "pygrub_strace_fff_2process_exit.zip" file which
contains the strace files by running "strace -o pygrub.strace -fff
pygrub /mnt/xen/CentOS-7-aarch64.img" command.
It contains three files out of which two have exit(0) in the end.
pygrub.strace.18269 has more calls than other two files.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

message.