Re: [Xen-devel] ARM bare metal application test

On 09/05/16 17:43, Ivan Pavić2 wrote:
Hello Julien,

Hello Ivan,

Julien Grall wrote:
Guest are booting with MMU disabled, so 0x80008000 will be the physical
address.

The toolstack will load the kernel at this physical address. However,
the start of the guest RAM for Xen 4.7 is 0x40000000 (see
include/public/arch-arm.h). Can you try to use 0x40008000 for the guest
address?

I changed address. It seems the problem is solved because PC is now
40008030 (that is address of "work: b work" i think).

You can figure out the associated instruction with objdump.

By the way, how much RAM did you give to the guest?

I wrote "memory = 32" in cfg file, I think that stands for 32 MB?

Correct, so the end of the RAM bank would be 0x42000000. I am a bit surprised that the toolstack does not complain when trying to load the kernel at 0x80008000.

Can you paste the dump of xl -vvv create... ?

Regards,

--
Julien Grall