Re: [Xen-devel] Question about the best practice to install two versions of Xen toolstack on the same machine

Hi Jan,

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 6:20 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Does anyone try to install two version of Xen toolstack on the same machine?
>> Is there any documentation about the best practice to install two
>> versions of Xen onto the same machine?
>
> Or, as an alternative to Olaf's reply, don't install the tools at all, but
> instead run everything right out of the build trees. That requires some
> script wrappers to get things like the library search path set up
> correctly, but with that in place it has been working fine for me for
> years.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!  I tried to add the library
and bins in xen/dist/install into the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but
failed to have the system work properly.

I'm wondering if it's convenient for you, would you mind sharing your
script wrapper? I can learn from it and customize it for my machine.

Once I have it set up successfully, I can write a xen wiki to describe
how to do it.

Thank you again for your time and help!

Best Regards,

Meng