Re: [Xen-devel] Question about the best practice to install two versions of Xen toolstack on the same machine

>>> Does anyone try to install two version of Xen toolstack on the same machine?
>>> Is there any documentation about the best practice to install two
>>> versions of Xen onto the same machine?
>>
>> Or, as an alternative to Olaf's reply, don't install the tools at all, but
>> instead run everything right out of the build trees. That requires some
>> script wrappers to get things like the library search path set up
>> correctly, but with that in place it has been working fine for me for
>> years.
>>

> Thank you so much for your suggestions!  I tried to add the library
> and bins in xen/dist/install into the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but
> failed to have the system work properly.
>
> I'm wondering if it's convenient for you, would you mind sharing your
> script wrapper? I can learn from it and customize it for my machine.

Sure, here you go. For commands other then "xl" it ought to be
hard linked to respective other names. I cannot easily tell whether
it makes assumptions on settings done elsewhere in my systems,
so don't put too high hopes into being able to use it as is.

Jan