Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 100789: regressions - FAIL

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 05:32:00AM +0000, osstest service owner wrote:
> flight 100789 xen-unstable real [real]
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/100789/
>
> Regressions :-(
>
> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> including tests which could not be run:
>  test-amd64-amd64-libvirt-vhd  9 debian-di-install        fail REGR. vs.
> 100773
[...]
>  test-armhf-armhf-xl-vhd       9 debian-di-install        fail REGR. vs.
> 100773

Andrew pointed out IRL that these two regressions are unfortunate side
effect of deleting blktap2. In short, the vhd-util used in these tests
comes from Xen's blktap2. :-/

I see three ways to move this forward.

1. Resurrect vhd-util from blktap2.
2. Install blktap-utils shipped in Debian (available from Wheezy
   onwards), the main difficulty would be the package depends on a dkms
   package that seems to require building with kernel header when
   installing.
3. Retire these two tests.

In the meantime, if we want to avoid blocking xen-unstable for too long,
we might want to force push.

Wei.