Re: [Xen-devel] [xtf test] 100874: all pass - PUSHED

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xtf test] 100874: all pass -
PUSHED"):
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 02:51:03PM +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> > ... depends on the security support status of that particular
> > feature.
>
> To enable it you had to provide the 'allowsuperpage' parameter so by default
> nobody would use it. Which means no security support (like the #UD traping
> for cross-vendor migration).
>
> I somehow assumed that any non-default enabled parameters by default
> would not receive any security support.
>
> Like running an 'debug=y' kernel or such?

I can't find any documentation saying that security support is limited
to the default configuration.

The allowsuperpage command line option is documented in
docs/misc/xen-command-line.markdown and has no health warning.

Ian.