Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 0/6] Rangeset generalisation

>>> On 16.02.17 at 14:42, <andrii.anisov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm really sorry, but I did not get your point here:
>
>> This concern makes me assume there might be quite many of them,
>> which then makes this a no-go for unprivileged domains.
>
> Could you please provide wider explanation.

Well, as it had been discussed before, I thought you would have
found it the latest along with Paul having pointed you at the
patches. The issue is with resource consumption: We can't allow
a guest to consume basically arbitrary amounts of memory in the
rangeset control structures. Iirc this was in the context of the
now stuck persistent memory support series as well as around
Intel's graphics virtualization one.

Jan