Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] scf: SCF device tree and configuration documentation

Julien,

On 05.05.17 20:51, Julien Grall wrote:

The code is not set in stone. It can be reworked to avoid that.
Yep.
I would like to not introduce changes related to dtb into libxl_create.c, keep as much as possible in libxl_arm.c . The only common data structure between libxl__arch_domain_prepare_config() and libxl__arch_domain_create() is an autogenerated libxl_domain_config structure. The option I see now is to introduce kind of auto type "File" which will read and manage file blob within libxl_domain_config structure. Honestly, I do not like this option. Any suggestions?

So I still don't understand why you want to use a device tree between the toolstack and the hypervisor.
It has a functional (except vgic settings) implementation now.
But as you said the code is not set in stone. I'm here to hear your valuable opinion, discuss options and see what ideas will come up.

--

*Andrii Anisov*