Re: [Xen-devel] Pass through in Xen

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:06:18PM +0530, ajmalmalib4u wrote:
>     Hi,
>    >> > Can anyone please explain or point me to a thread where I can read
>    about
>    >> > the internals of PCI passthrough or How passthrough actually works?
>    >>
>    >> For PV:
>    >>
>    >>
> http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/xen/xen-pciback
>    >>
> http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/pci/xen-pcifront.c
>
>    I tried going through the source code but I'am unable to derive a flow of
>    control through the drivers.
>    Is there any source which can explain the behavior of these drivers
>    elaborately?
>    How are xen-pciback and xen-pcifront utilizing the PCI functions offered
>    by Linux?

No, I'm afraid there's no other source of documentation for Xen
pciback/pcifront in Linux. There's also a pciback/pcifront
implementation in NetBSD, you might find that one easier to
understand:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/sys/arch/xen/xen/pciback.c?rev=1.12&content-type=text/plain
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/sys/arch/xen/xen/xpci_xenbus.c?rev=1.14.10.1&content-type=text/plain

Roger.