Re: [Xen-devel] Radical proposal: ship not-fully-tidied shim as 4.10.1

On Jan 9, 2018 2:59 AM, "Ian Jackson" <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George Dunlap writes ("Re: Radical proposal: ship not-fully-tidied shim as 4.10.1"):
> On 01/09/2018 10:53 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > And as my other mail suggests, I don't think we should allow this work
> > to be blocked by outstanding reviewed.  IMO we should ship what we
> > have ASAP.
>
> Well "what we have" boot under HVM?

No, so that does need to be fixed.  We could ship Amazon's series but
that has no migration and no ballooning.

Why do we think migration doesn't work?  I haven't tested but I cannot imagine why it wouldn't.

Ballooning is trivial.  I can send a V3 this morning with ballooning.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I was hoping someone would have an opinion about how hard it would be
to take Amazon's early boot approach and stuff it into Citrix's
more-comprehensive shim series.

Ian.