Re: [Xen-devel] Test for osstest, features used in Qubes OS

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 04:12:09PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Marek Marczykowski-Górecki writes ("Re: Test for osstest, features used in
> Qubes OS"):
> > On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 01:26:30PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > Is it likely that this will depend on non-buggy host firmware ?  If so
> > > then we need to make arrangements to test it and only do it on hosts
> > > which are not buggy.  In practice this probably means wiring it up to
> > > the automatic host examiner.
> >
> > Yes, probably.
>
> That's not entirely trivial then, especially for you, unless you want
> to set up your own osstest production instance.  However, I can
> probably do the osstest-machinery work if you will help debug it,
> review logs, tell me what to do next, etc. :-).

Yes, I'm happy to help with that. As I've said, the basic test is very
simple (rtcwake command) and already very useful. The fact that it is(?)
broken on staging doesn't make it easier, but I think setting up the
test using 4.8 branch first should be fine.
If you want to talk on IRC about it, just ping me on email first, I
don't have my irc client running all the time.

In the meantime, I'll try to familiarize myself with osstest...

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki