Re: [Xen-devel] automation: Creating a patchwork instance to improve pre-commit build testing

Hi Lars,

On 24/07/18 11:33, Lars Kurth wrote:

On 24/07/2018, 11:19, "Wei Liu" <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
     On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 04:04:05AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
     > I'm afraid my personal bar for any such automation is pretty
     > high: There must not ever be any negative effect from such an
     > addition. Positive effects would of course be very welcome. I
     > realize this is an unrealistic goal, but it should at least come
     > close (perhaps after some initial learning phase). But this implies
     > that at least in theory it is possible to come close in the first
     > place, which I can't take for given with the information I've been
     > provided so far.
Then I'm afraid the only suggestion I get for you at the moment is to
     add a filter to dump those emails to /dev/null -- you already realised
     that's an unrealistic goal (at least at the beginning).
Wei. First of all, there should only be mail (aka spam) if there was a failure.

This seems a little strange to only send e-mail on failure. How do you differentiate between the bot has successfully tested that series and the series is still in queue then?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall