Re: [Xen-devel] RT Xen on ARM - R-Car series

Hello Jairo,

On 08.01.19 19:04, LOPEZ, FUENTES NACARINO Jairo Eduardo wrote:

I have noticed that the uboot date has not changed from 2015.04
It is not a u-boot date, but upstream version. Renesas derived u-boot from
mainline version 2015.04 and put their patches on top of it.

although the build date is from the last time I ran a bitbake command.
So it should be ok.

Are there any other modifications that I can attempt?
I'm pretty sure you faced the issue, which is discussed here [1].
You should merge memory nodes in your device tree, as it is done here [2].

Actually the proper way to sort out the root cause is to build XEN with debug
and earlyprintk enabled. But it is quite tricky while building XEN using Yocto.
You should pass build command line options for debug build and earlyprintk, but
in Yocto command lines are buried in recipes.

BTW, I've got an idea that it would be good to make debug build option as well
as earlyprintk configurable through .config only.

[1] https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/msg02479.html
[2]
https://github.com/xen-troops/meta-demo/blob/master/meta-rcar-gen3-xen/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-renesas/r8a7795-salvator-x-xen.dts#L61

--