Re: [Xen-devel] Xen commit 9b0bc91b3 possibly removed too much info from README

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:23:58AM +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> > 2)
> >
> > In the top-level INSTALL file, we read
> >
> > ----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----
> > SMBIOS_REL_DATE=mm/dd/yyyy
> > VGABIOS_REL_DATE="dd Mon yyyy"
> >
> > During tools build external repos will be cloned into the source tree.
> > This variable can be used to point to a different git binary to be used.
> > GIT=
> >
> > During tools build external repos will be cloned into the source tree.
> > During stubdom build external packages will be downloaded into the
> > source tree. These variables can be used to point to a different
> > locations.
> > XEN_EXTFILES_URL=
> > OVMF_UPSTREAM_URL=
> > ----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----
> >
> > Is that second
> >
> >    During tools build external repos will be cloned into the source tree.
> >
> > above the
> >
> >    During stubdom build
>
> This is a bit xen specific -- we consider stubdom and tools two separate
> components inside xen.git because they have their own directories.
>
> That sentence can indeed be simplified. I will submit a patch for that.

Oh wait, I don't think there is anything to fix there. Those sentences
look repetitive but they do say different things: in tools case, it says
"repos will be cloned"; in stubdom case, it says "external packages
will be downloaded. So they do reflect correctly what will happen.

Wei.