Re: [Xen-devel] Running xenstored in Linux stubdom

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:26 PM Daniel Smith <dpsmith.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:12 PM Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The stubdom gets an event channel to use for dom0 xenbstore connection
> > via commandline parameter ("--event <event-nr>"). This needs to be used
> > in the stubdom for setting up the communication path.
> >

> > Juergen
>
> Hi Juergen,
>
> Thanks for the quick response! tracing through xenstored, looks like
> that flag sets the variable dom0_event which is only used in the
> xenstored_minios.c as the return value to the xenbus_evtchn() call. I
> could naively short circuit xenbus_evtchn() under xenstored_posix.c to
> return immediately if dom0_event has been set. If that works, I would
> be glad to submit it back upstream if there is interest in
> incorporating it.

Hi again,

I made the change to short circuit the xenbus_evtchn and did testing
as a guest domain approach to confirm that i was parsing the
parameters correctly in initramfs script that init-xenstore-helper
passed. I am still it hanging after the attempt to write
/tool/xenstored/domid. At this point I was wondering if there might be
a way to get console output from the domain to try and troubleshoot if
xenstored is getting started when actually running as the actual
stubdom instead of as a guest?

Thanks in Advance!
Daniel P. Smith