Re: [Xen-devel] Running xenstored in Linux stubdom

On 06.09.19 20:01, Daniel Smith wrote:
On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:26 PM Daniel Smith <dpsmith.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:12 PM Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The stubdom gets an event channel to use for dom0 xenbstore connection
via commandline parameter ("--event <event-nr>"). This needs to be used
in the stubdom for setting up the communication path.

Juergen

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the quick response! tracing through xenstored, looks like
that flag sets the variable dom0_event which is only used in the
xenstored_minios.c as the return value to the xenbus_evtchn() call. I
could naively short circuit xenbus_evtchn() under xenstored_posix.c to
return immediately if dom0_event has been set. If that works, I would
be glad to submit it back upstream if there is interest in
incorporating it.

Hi again,

I made the change to short circuit the xenbus_evtchn and did testing
as a guest domain approach to confirm that i was parsing the
parameters correctly in initramfs script that init-xenstore-helper
passed. I am still it hanging after the attempt to write
/tool/xenstored/domid. At this point I was wondering if there might be
a way to get console output from the domain to try and troubleshoot if
xenstored is getting started when actually running as the actual
stubdom instead of as a guest?

I think you are not mapping dom0 xenbus page. Have a look at
xenbus_map() in xenstored_minios.c. You could do the alternative
handling depending on the --event parameter specified.

Juergen