Acer Aspire 5 A517-52G - No firmware ACIP and no boot

  • To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Bruno <brunoce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 15:06:45 +0100

Hello Xen-Devel.

I would like to report no compatible firmware for a new laptop Acer Aspire 5 A517-52G.

The firmware problem I witness is ACIP errors. Xen does not boot.

These ACIP errors lead to boot into initramfs without mounting storage capabilities.

There is extensive logs, dmesg and attempts I recently send to Xen-Users and got a lot of help and feedback there on a long thread of attempts, but we have hit a lack of support at this point.

Can we please have an update to allow this hardware to run Xen.

Kind regards,

Bruno Schroeder