Re: Possible bug? DOM-U network stopped working after fatal error reported in DOM0

On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 11:28 PM Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2024 at 12:13:04PM +0100, Niklas Hallqvist wrote:
> > > On 14 Dec 2022, at 07:16, G.R. <firemeteor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi Roger,
> > > Just another query of the latest status. It'll be great if you can
> > > share a link to the upstream commit.
> > > I'm thinking of asking for a back-port of your fix to the FreeNAS
> > > community, assuming it will take a long time to roll out otherwise.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > G.R.

> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > So did anything ever happen on this?  I find myself in the same situation
> > with TrueNAS core 13, and can’t see any signs of changes in the FreeBSD 13
> > branches.
>
> Hello,
>
> I don't think the change is suitable to backport, it's IMO too
> intrusive and risky.  It was committed late 2022, and it's in 14.0:

> TrueNAS/OOPNsense might consider picking it up themselves.
>
> Thanks, Roger.

Just FYI: I was able to locate that commit in 14.0 tree and
cherry-picked it into TrueNas 13.
I did it last November and the build has been running stably without
issue since.
The fix was fairly standalone and didn't cause any trouble during the
cherry-picking so it could be reasonable to raise a request in the
TrueNAS forum.

Thanks,
G.R.