Re: [Xen-users] Devices not available in domain

Rich Persaud wrote:
Gisbert Amm wrote:

Argh, I now understand what I did wrong: I created a file with dd, connected it with a loopback device using losetup, mounted it and populated the filesystem copying the necessary parts of my existing installation into it. However, I missed the preserve option when doing cp! Therefore the permissions e.g. for /dev/null where wrong. I should have done cp -p ...

cd /mnt/newrootfs
(cd /mnt/oldrootfs; tar cf - dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4) | tar xf -

Thanks!