RE: [Xen-users] machine reboot with nmap

> I have a more worthy conundrum today.

> I set up a virtual network made up of eight virtual domains.  Four were on 10.0.2.0/24, three were on 10.0.1.0/24, and one served as a router between the

> two networks.

> I am reasonably sure that I set up the network properly because ping, traceroute and tcpdump all showed appropriate results when used.  However, for some

> reason, when I used nmap to scan a network (eg. nmap 10.0.2.0/24) some results would appear, then my workstation would reboot.

> I am completely puzzled by these events.  Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any suggestions?

> I don’t have my ifconfig and route outputs at hand because the machine just rebooted, but I can replicate them tomorrow if anyone needs to see them.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Ernie Fontes

To follow up, I am still seeing this problem.  It would seem to be a large bug in the stable release of Xen.

I set up my eight-domain virtual network again today, and I also connected the router to my (physical) workstation.  Then, nmapping my workstation’s subnet from my workstation causes my machine to reboot – same story.

I don’t understand why Xen is crashing like this…

Ernie Fontes