Re: [Xen-users] FC4 + Xen 2.0.6 eth0 failed

from Pavel Kozubenko:

>I am new to XEN. Just installed xen on my fedora core 4 following the
>instructions given by Red Hat ( using 'yum'). I was able to boot to X
>window but my eth0 is not available nor I can see my ethernet
>interfaces anymore. I use DELL Dimension 2100 with built-in LAN
>interface and also have one in one of PCI slots. None of them visible.
>ANy idea why it might happen?

I'm having a similar problem using the instructions at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart . I get as far as
this line "yum -c http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/yum-xen.conf
--installroot=/mnt -y groupinstall Base" and then it fails because there
is no network connection. Ifconfig show the bridge, xen-br0, as up with
TX pkgs but no RX and the correct IP information. Eth0 also displays the
correct information with TX and RX pkgs. I can only ping the the IP of
eth0 and 127.0.0.1. No machine can see box from the LAN. I can't ping
the gateway either. The route command shows the gateway and subnet as
well as 169.254.0.0 on the xen-br0 interface. There is no vif, I haven't
been able to get to the point of creating a guest host because I can't
execute the yum command to install it. This is on a Dell Dimension 2400.