RE: [Xen-users] Problem with my UMTS card

  • To: ralfsy@xxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:30:48 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:31:08 +0000

Is the driver for this card a generic driver supplied with the Linux
distribution, or do you download the driver separately?

There are some drivers that aren't included in the OS that does things
in "unconventional ways". Those drivers will not work in a
Para-virtualized driver (including Xen Dom0). [And drivers that are
included in the OS may still do things in unconventional ways and
therefore need "fixing" to work with Xen, if these drivers aren't
commonly used in a Xen environment - maybe no-one has tried them in Xen
before...]

Do you see any error messages in dmesg or xm dmesg that may be of some
help?

--
Mats