[Xen-users] [OT] Reply-to on this list

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "David Goodlad" <dgoodlad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:43:11 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:43:45 -0700

Hi all (esp list admins)

Recently I've seen a lot of people not realizing that they have to
reply to all in order to include this list in the recipients of
emails.  I'm curious why the reply-to field is not being set
explicitly to the list's address instead of the actual sender's?  Is
there some historical reason for this?

There have been a number of conversations recently where random bits
are being quoted that never made it to the list, because people reply
to the sender only, who then replies again but includes the list this
time...  It's rather annoying, actually :)  I'd think that most people
would expect the default behavior of 'reply' to be to send to the
whole list, and that if they only want to include the sender, they
could do this by hand...

Dave

--
Dave Goodlad