Re: [Xen-users] Probably obvious but ...

Dom0 gets quite liberal CPU guarantees because all the other domains rely on
it being able to service their IO requests in a timely fashion (and the admin
needs it to be response in order to run the box).  If you want to regulate
the time Dnetc takes a little more strictly, run it in a domU and you'll have
much better control over it.

Cheers,
Mark

On Saturday 16 September 2006 14:55, Nick Anderson wrote:
> I am fairly sure that no one else is dumb enough to try this but just in
> case. I generally run dnetc on most of my machines. I installed it in my
> latest machine that runs xen in dom0. I noticed that when I booted up a
> domU it was taking *forever*. I checked all my disk speeds and it ended up
> being caused by .... you guessed it dnetc. I figured it was only taking up
> spare cycles but apparently it will interfere *greatly* with domU
> performance so be warned :)
>

> --
> Nick

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.