Re: [Xen-users] Re: routed networking

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 10:33:45AM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> Unless you're planning on doing the routing for your IP space on your dom0,
> I don't think you want to do this.  All of my setups have used an external
> border router, and all of the domUs and dom0s (and other random machines)
> have all been on the same ethernet segment.  YMMV, though, depending on what
> your provider plans on doing.

Ok, thanks Matthew and everyone else who helped.

It's now sunk in that I dont need to do anything to my working setup
other than change the ips appropriately, and the answer to my initial
question is I need an ip for each host I plan to have unfettered ip
connectivity to, be they dom0 or domUs.

Occam's razor springs to mind.

I'd like to add that I'm not a big fan of making myself out to be some
sort of cretin who cant read/understand documentation, but the alternative
to this would be a day spent travelling to a distant datacentre to fix
some silly error. I hope it doesnt seem selfish that I would trade a few
moments of your time for a day of mine :)

Thanks

--
Pete