Re: [Xen-users] bonding combined with network-bridge fails heartbeat cluster on dom0

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Tijl Van den Broeck" <subspawn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:40:42 +0100
  • Cc: Ulrich Windl <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 03:40:40 -0800

On 12/20/06, Ulrich Windl <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you tried tcpdump (looking for heartbeat packets) or ethereal for the DomU
device? Then on the pdev (bond) device?

Regards,
Ulrich

My primary concern is for the moment to fix dom0 networking before
thinking of domU's :-)
I've ran tcpdumps in a healthy environment (just eth0 + heartbeat +
xenbr0) and in the bonded one... contents of the HA packets are
exactly the same; NS_ackmgs and status ones.

I looked into the arp issues, but realised I couldn't have any,
because heartbeat is multicasting, and arp multicast flags seem to be
set. I enabled multicast in the function create_bridge from
xen-network-common.sh so the bridge should support multicast. Perhaps
it's something with the software bridge not forwarding the multicasts
properly in xenbr0.

I just tried the network-bridge script from xen 3.03 under sles 10,
but that one doesn't even bring up the network at all.