Re: [Xen-users] bonding combined with network-bridge fails heartbeat cluster on dom0

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Tijl Van den Broeck" <subspawn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:36:45 +0100
  • Cc: ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:36:43 -0800

Issue resolved in a weird an strange manner which I'm not fond of.

Running lots of tcpdumps learned me that traffic from multicasts
reached the following interfaces (from and to):

(xendev = normal eth0 + xenbridging machine, xendev2 = bond0 +
xenbridging machine, tcpdumps taken from xendev2)

xenbr0: multicasts xendev
vif0.0: multicasts xendev
bond0: multicasts xendev, xendev2

The bridge doesn't "forward" multicasts (allthough it should, I
modified the scripts so that it should, but it doesn't).

I tried setting ha.cf to "mcast xenbr0 224.224.224.1 694 2 0" but that
didn't help either. But having resolved this all to a software bridge
multicast problem hinted me to try unicasting.
Setting the following allowed the HA cluster to come back up.
xendev:/etc/ha.d/ha.cf
"ucast eth0 xendev2"
xendev2:/etc/ha.d/ha.cf
"ucast xenbr0 xendev"

Ulrich, if you want I can mail you the entire setup so you can try to
emulate and get bonding working as well, I've read of your weird
bonding issues as well
(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-11/msg00504.html)
but 2 bonding interfaces could give some more problems offcourse.