RE: [Xen-users] Config: Paravirtualization and Full Virtualization

Where's the difference in the guest installation (or maybe in the host
installation?) when you install a Linux in paravirtualization mode, or
in full virtualization mode (VT or pacifica)?

g>> Full gives better performance from what I hear.  Your hardware should be suitable and the bios option enabled.
If you know anything about bios pls do let me know as Sony have disabled this option in there bios.

I mean, how do you tell to xen that you want to run a linux guest in
paravirtualization or in full virtualization mode?

g>> there are different config scripts under /etc/xen/scripts.  # man xm will get you started.

And then, can you run a linux (modified to run under
paravirtualization) in full virtualization mode?

g>> check your bios and config scripts

Can I run a linux in paravirtualization mode and another in full
virtualization mode, both simultanously?

g>> well strange as this may sound i have not successfully configured a xen machine yet.  I'm getting a destroyDevice error... anyway from what I understand the answer to this question is yes and again depending on your bios.

Hope this helps
Graeme

I'm playing with xen, but I have a doubt:

Where's the difference in the guest installation (or maybe in the host
installation?) when you install a Linux in paravirtualization mode, or
in full virtualization mode (VT or pacifica)?

I mean, how do you tell to xen that you want to run a linux guest in
paravirtualization or in full virtualization mode?

And then, can you run a linux (modified to run under
paravirtualization) in full virtualization mode?

Can I run a linux in paravirtualization mode and another in full
virtualization mode, both simultanously?

Thanks a lot!
And sorry if this is a basic question.

--
Jordi Segués Daina