Re: [Xen-users] e100 + Xen + VLAN -> VLANs don't work?

On Friday 02 February 2007 13:15, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> > set network script to false, and create manually the bridge.
> Hmm, how do I do it?

move mac from eth0 to veth0,
set eth0 mac FF:FE:FF:FF:FF:FF (if i remeber correctly, check for peth0 mac)
ifconfig eth0 up
brctl addbr xenbr0
[brctl stp off, sethello 0, setfd 0, man brctl]
brctl addif xenbr0 eth0
brctl addif xenbr0 veth0
ifconfig veth0 up
vconfig add veth0 100
vconfig add veth0 200
ifconfig veth0.100 up
ifconfig veth0.200 up
[return to brctl, use your imagination]

> e100 and 8139too have something MTU-related - setting MTU higher than
> 1500 is impossible:
> # ifconfig eth0 mtu 1501
> SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument

this can be normal, check if the driver support jumbo frame.

> With e1000 card, I can set a higher MTU without problems.

for sure, e1000 support jumbo frame.

> However, lowering MTU for eth0/VLANs doesn't make any difference.

that is not the right way.

uh, you can check also for "tx checksumming" (list are full of this).

bye
d.