Re: [Xen-users] flexible memory management?

Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Gary W. Smith <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I run my Dom0's as minimal as possible.  If there is a need to compile
>> anything I do it on a separate machine or in a DomU configured
>> specifically for development.
>
> Exactly. My new favorite pastime recently has been to parse the
> package names in the Core group from comps.xml and pass the result to
> yum --installroot root to create an image. Sigh, oh fun...

Why would you need to parse comps.xml? I believe Core still contains
stuff like bluez-utils, which you won't need in a server.
If you REALLY want a minimal Redhat-based system I think a simple

yum --installroot=/path/to/new/root yum openssh-server

would do the trick. If it's for dom0, then you can add what you need
(bridge-utils, vconfig) later
Regards,

Fajar