Re: [Xen-users] Very slow drives, I/O - DMA issues?

> On 2/20/07, Lonny Selinger <lonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ok so based on previous suggestions I did a mkinitrd:
>>
>> mkinitrd -f --preload=ide-disk --preload=ide-generic
>> /boot/initrd-2.6.16.33-xen_3.0.4.1.img 2.6.16.33-xen_3.0.4.1
>>
>> Upon looking further in the /lib/modules of the xen kernel I'm not seeing
>> any
>> other potential candidates to try preloading. When I made the initrd without
>> the preload parameters, my drives weren't found. Does anyone have any
>> suggestions on what I should put into the initrd or specify explicitly in
>> order to have my drives recognized properly?
>
> This is the driver:
> NFORCE2: IDE controller at PCI slot 0000:00:09.0
>
> Run "kmodule"?
> "cat /etc/modprobe.conf" might hint at something also.

Thanks again Jerry, I had tried both of those previously and found nothing
related to the nforce chipset:
# kmodule
NETWORK forcedeth
SCSI aic7xxx
AUDIO snd-intel8x0
USB ehci-hcd
USB ohci-hcd
USB ohci-hcd

And modprobe.conf makes no reference either. The only deduction is the driver
is compiled into the original CentOS kernel and not included as a module nor
is it included in the ramdisk image as one. I'm assuming I have to compile a
Xen kernel from source. I can't seem to find any kind of archive that points
to where I can get the sources or a method for building them.

Does anyone have a link? or possibly another suggestion?
Thanks again!!

--
Lonny