[Xen-users] Re: Problem with automatic VM (domU) creation

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 03:00:40PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:

>   The simple solution here would be to specify your xen guests use
>  DHCP, then hardwire a MAC address in the Xen configuration file.
>
> Steve

  For linux, the easier way is to mount the domU and create the network
configuration files from the dom0 at every boot time. You can do

-------
 mount domU
 cp network-management  domU
 chroot domU sh network-managment <ipaddresses>
 sync
 umount domU
 xm create domU
 -------

  This way you get full static ipaddresses, indistinguishable from a normal
setup, but fully controlled from the dom0.

>   This would allow your DHCP server to set the name of the domU
>  as part of its job of giving out a lease.

 OK, How do you configure multiple ipaddresses for the same ethernet card using
dhcp? As far as redhat is concerned, the eth0:0 will not support dhcp. I don't
need it for linux, but I think there's no other way for windows.

 Thanks.