Re: [Xen-users] Re: Problem with automatic VM (domU) creation

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 08:52:15PM +0530, Ligesh wrote:

>   For linux, the easier way is to mount the domU and create
> the network configuration files from the dom0 at every boot time.

 I think we probably view "easier" in a different way.

  Really though I don't think it is xen's job to setup the hostname
 of managed instances and there isn't a really portable way of doing
 it when you consider Windows, etc.

  Personally I'd setup static details at creation time and not worry
 about it - but if you did want to be slightly dynamic then using
 DHCP is probably a more standard approach with less updates to make
 for different distributions than poking the filesystem.
 (i.e. /etc/network/interfaces on Debian, vs. /etc/conf.d/ on Gentoo,
  vs. /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ on RedHat.)

Steve