Re: [Xen-users] Multiple IPs in a domU (I am using static macs)

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 11:39 +0000, Dan Parsons wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
> Did something I say make you think I'm using a HVM? I'm using a plain old
> paravirtualized VM here.
> Does this change any of your suggestions?

No, not at all. I just suspected everything would be effected. There are
some known netdev quirks with hvm guests, was just pointing out to check
upstream before going after issues there too.

> My worry about the ping fix is that if there is no traffic on that IP for a
> long time,
> the arp record created by the ping will die.
> And then the router issues another arp who-has, and we have the same problem.
> Indeed, it looks as if Xen is ignoring who-has requests for eth1's IP....

> Also, how can it be upstream when the eth0 ip works just fine? It's just
> eth1's ip that's bad.

THAT's where I mis read you. I thought this was on a bridge porting
eth0.

> What is xen doing to make eth0 work, that it's not doing for eth1? And why?

The magic is happening in /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge , which is run
to construct the bridges when xen starts and take them down / restore
things when xen exits.

Within xend-config, you can pass paramaters to it. I personally don't
use it, I like to let my network init scripts handle the bridges because
I do more with bridging than Xen needs to do.

> Thanks
> Dan Parsons

Now it makes sense, and no , I don't think its upstream anymore. I'm
more dense than usual for some reason today.

Best,
--Tim