From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal
Sent: 17 June 2007 17:43
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Uname shows 64bits rather than 32 : yum
problem. 32 bits on dom0 64 bits is it possible ?
I ask this becasue I have installed a 32bits guets but when I
do a uname -a on the guest i have this :
Linux fqdn.domain.com 2.6.18-8.1.6.el5xen #1 SMP Thu Jun 14
18:01:24 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

it looks like it shows exactly the same info than the dom0

It shows what it is supposed to show: The kernel you are running.

It is a problem because yum, on the guest, looks for 64bits
packages rather than 386 ones

That would be a pretty stupid bug in yum then. I see nothing wrong
with running a 64bit kernel with 32bit userspace (as you do). That is
perfectly supported in Debian.

Si it normal ?
How to tell to yum to look for i386 ?

If yum really is so stupid that is uses uname then run "linux32
yum".

MfG
        Goswin