Re: [Xen-users] Push for Better Documentation

> I would help with it, but I never wrote some manual pages and have zero
> know-how about it... Right now I do not know if there are some tools for
> writing of man pages.

Okay, I said I'd get back to you about this, but I didn't think I'd
take this long... ;)

The source for the xen man pages is in pod format.  That's Plain Old
Documentation.  It's a really simple format used for perl.  If you're
on a unixy box, you can type 'man perlpod' to read all about it.
There are different commands to convert pod code to
man,html,text,latex etc... pod2man, pod2html etc..

If you look in the  docs dir in the source tarball, you'll see
dirs called man, man1, and man5.  The 'man' dir contains the pod
files.  Edit those and then run 'make' from inside the 'docs' dir.
The new man files will show up in man1 and man5.  To view man files
that aren't in the system man dirs, you can run "nroff -man filename |
less"

Have fun!

-Dylan

> Where did You get even the old manual pages? In the binary tarball there is
> the directory /usr/share/man with the subdirs man1 and man8, but there are
> Only 3 fragments (for example nothing about xm) and that's it...

It looks like Fedora 7 doesn't even bother to include the crusty old
man files.  Can't blame them for that...