[Xen-users] TX packets dropped

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "joeri Belis" <Joeri.Belis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 11:12:39 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 02:13:37 -0700

We are running Redhat 4ES with xen 3.0.3, running 3 debian vm's

I noticed that all the eth interfaces of the vm's have TX packets dropped.
They grow non-stop.

I have included output from brctl show and an example of ifconfig of a named
vif. Is this impacting our network output from the vm's. We have a timeout
problem with a emailserver vm and maybe this is a reason?

Do you guys need some other output to give me some advice?

I can ping each vm perfectly, and have a 0% packet loss
--- vmdebian3.nollekens.be ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9002ms

[root@redhat06 DebianSarge]# ifconfig vif-vmdebian3
vif-vmdeb Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          inet6 addr: fe80::fcff:ffff:feff:ffff/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:11438 (11.1 KiB)

[root@redhat06 DebianSarge]# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.f6f0a1942a00       no              peth0
                                                        tap0
                                                        vif-vmdebian3
                                                        vif0.0
                                                        vif6.0