Re: [Xen-users] Xen with NIC Bonding on Debian Etch ?

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 16:04 +0200, Artur MÃcke wrote:

> Unfortunately its not working yet but I dont know why. This is what I
> did, after I read your howto and (kind of) understood it:
>
> The configuration looks different in debian but I think that doesnt
> care.
>
> /etc/modprobe.d/arch/i386
> =========================
> alias bond0 bonding
> options bond0 miimon=100 mode=0

It may be significant that mode=0 is different from mode=6. This may
become significant on an ethernet bridge, where you're already horking
with layer 2 (MAC's) and the failure you're seeing sounds like an ARP
problem, so...

I wasn't able to get anything other than mode=1 to work and I assume
it's due to ARP issues.  Everything in dom0 works just fine, but as soon
as a domU tries to ping something on the same subnet, its connection
drops.

It seems to me that bonding, bridging, and Xen don't really work.  Why
else would there be no formal documentation on this from Xen/Xensource,
Red Hat, etc? =)

John

--
John Madden